Game Systems Programmer
Guildford, UK, Permanent
Supermassive Games are looking for a highly talented and experienced Game Systems Progammer to play a key role in the studio.
The primary role of this position is to develop and maintain game systems that enable AAA quality game content to be produced efficiently.
- At least 5 years of experience in the games industry.
- In-depth knowledge of several game systems, in both tools/pipeline and runtime.
- Has built and maintained strong workflows for content creators.
- Experience using Unreal Engine 4 would be an advantage.
Key skills and responsibilities
The main and routine tasks of this position are:
- Working closely with content creators of various disciplines to define and implement systems that enable them to create high quality content.
- Creating new and extending existing systems so that they are easily re-usable across projects.
- Debugging and profiling code.
Key Technical skills / Knowledge
- Excellent C++ skills, used in a game development environment.
- Able to understand and use various SDKs and interfaces effectively.
- Excellent 3D maths knowledge.
- Able to design and plan own work.
- Experience working with a large codebase and large development teams.
Other Desirable Skills/Knowledge
- Experience with extending and improving production tools including:
- Batch pre-processing
- Code and data build system optimizations
- Automated testing systems
- Familiarity with UE4 process and pipelines
- Working closely with Technical Artists
The candidate should have
- A highly positive and proactive work ethic.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- A desire to learn and improve on their skillset.
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Always striving for quality
- Creative and innovative