Junior Environment Artist
Guildford, UK, Permanent
Supermassive Games are looking for a Junior Environment Artist to join the studio.
The primary role of this position is to model and texture elements of the game environment and props, ensuring that all artwork meets the art direction requirements of the game whilst adhering to any technical restrictions.
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates the ability to create photo-realistic models, from individual props through to full scenes.
- A good understanding and practical experience of high-end 3D modelling and PBR material pipeline.
- Experience using the Unreal Engine would be an advantage, but not a necessity.
Key skills and responsibilities
The main and routine tasks of this position are:
- Using production design art packs to take elements of the environment from whitebox to final production quality.
- Creating accurate and re-usable props for dressing the environment.
- Creating appropriate and detailed props for character interaction.
- Collaborating with other disciplines such as lighting and VFX artists, graphics programmers and level designers to create a AAA game experience.
Technical skills / knowledge
- Substance Painter / Designer is an advantage
- Additional knowledge of other material/surface tools, such as Quixel, Mudbox, ZBrush or 3D Coat, would be an advantage.
The candidate should have
- A drive to constantly push art quality and try out new ideas.
- A highly positive and proactive work ethic.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- A desire to learn and improve on their skillset.
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Always striving for quality
- Creative and innovative
The role reports to the studio's Operations Director