Senior Environment Artist
Guildford, UK, Permanent
Supermassive Games are looking for a highly talented and experienced Senior Environment Artist to play a key role in the studio.
The primary role of this position is to model and texture elements of the game environment and props, ensuring that all artwork meets the art direction requirements of the game whilst adhering to any technical restrictions. You will also be responsible for helping to define both the quality bar and optimal workflows for asset generation.
- At least 5 years of experience as a 3D artist, working on at least one AAA title
- In-depth understanding and practical experience of high-end 3D modelling and PBR material pipeline
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates the ability to create photo-realistic models, from individual props through to full scenes
- Experience using the Unreal Engine would be an advantage, but not a necessity
- Some experience in a Lead capacity would also be an advantage
Key Skills and Responsibilities
The main routine tasks of this position are:
- Using production design art packs to take environments from whitebox to final production quality
- Creating accurate and re-usable props for dressing the environment
- Creating appropriate and detailed props for character interaction
- Working closely with the art team to solve technical challenges and improve workflows and processes
- Taking ownership of larger art tasks and seeing them through to completion
- Collaborating with other disciplines such as lighting and VFX artists, graphics programmers and level designers to create a AAA game experience
- Mentoring the more junior members of the art team
- Substance Painter / Designer
- Additional knowledge of other material/surface tools, such as Quixel, Mudbox, ZBrush or 3D Coat, would be an advantage
The candidate should have
- A drive to constantly push art quality and try out new ideas.
- A highly positive and proactive work ethic.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
To enjoy working at Supermassive you also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
- Team focussed
- Creative and innovative