Guildford, UK, Freelance or Fixed Term Contract - 3 Months
Supermassive Games is looking for a highly talented and experienced Motion Editor.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong portfolio showcasing high quality animation, with at least 3 years’ experience in either film or AAA games.
- You will be responsible primarily for motion capture editing and clean-up, providing high-quality content for one of our games currently in production.
- Enhancing and cleaning up motion captured performances
- Meeting work targets and milestone deliverables in a high pressured full production environment
Essential Technical Skills:
- Knowledge of the core principles of motion capture and key-frame technology
- Experience of character, facial and motion capture pipelines
- Experience of character rigs and facial animation solutions
- Experience of Unreal Engine (preferred, but not essential)
- Extensive experience in editing mocap data.
- Experience working with MotionBuilder’s ‘story’ blending animation clip data.
- An ability to Interpret storyboards and take them through to final animation
- The ability to follow an artistic vision
- A solid understanding of traditional animation principles (timing, weight, etc.), and how they relate to motion captured performance
- Industry experience on AAA titles is a plus
- A drive to constantly push animation quality
- Attention to detail; believable character interaction is vital to our current and future projects
- The capacity to take on board constructive criticism
- Good collaboration with members of the animation team and other team members on the project.
- A highly-positive proactive work ethic
- Excellent communication skills
To enjoy working at Supermassive you also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
- Creative and innovative